Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
At Dudley House School we offer all children a nurturing environment to support their development in all areas.
Our small class sizes mean that staff very much focus on the individual needs of all children. Whether your child requires extra support or extra challenge we work hard to meet the needs of all pupils in our care.
Our provision at Dudley House includes:
- A bespoke curriculum based on pupils’ needs, abilities and interests and which is broad and balanced.
- Learning experiences which focus on children’s development in all areas including physical, emotional, social and cognitive.
- Ramp access to the building, outdoor area and playground.
- Teachers and assistants working with small specific groups.
- Teaching assistants who work 1:1 with some children.
- Teaching assistants who provide enhanced staffing to support children’s additional need.
- Individual Plans to support children where there are additional identified needs.
- A SENDCo to oversee the provision for those children with identified additional needs.
- Our SENDCo receives up to date training.
- We also work with outside agencies where necessary such as ESCO (Early Support Care Co-ordination Service), community paediatrician, Speech and Language therapist etc.
‘Pupils with special educational needs or disability make good progress across all years because of the close support that they receive from teachers and teaching assistants.’ Ofsted