Class 1 (Nursery & Reception)
Welcome to Class 1, led by Mrs Beckett (Class Teacher) and Mrs Tuck (Teaching Assistant).
In the Early Years Foundation Stage your child will embark on an incredible learning journey, full of exciting and stimulating experiences that lay firm foundations for the rest of their school life.
We aim to:
- Provide a well-planned and resourced curriculum.
- Meet the emotional, spiritual and educational needs of each child.
- Help children learn and provide opportunities for all children to succeed.
- Provide an atmosphere of care and of feeling valued.
- Encourage each child to become independent.
We endeavour to make the children’s learning experiences challenging, memorable and enjoyable. Our Reception and Nursery children follow the Foundation Stage Curriculum, which is divided into three Prime areas and four Specific areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development is crucial for all young children and is the key to success in all aspects of their lives.
- In the area of Communication and Language the children learn to communicate with one another and develop talking, listening, reading and writing skills.
- Physical Development includes moving on the large apparatus, developing ball skills and dance.
- Literacy which includes reading, writing, phonics and spelling.
- In Mathematics the children develop ideas about number, quantity, shape and space
- Understanding the World is about the children being given the opportunity to investigate and understand things and places around them.
- Expressive Arts includes art, music, dance and imaginative play.
Young children flourish best in an environment which is exciting, stimulating, engaging and full of adults who are interested in them and we know that they learn best from experiences that are suitable for their stages of development.
All children love being outdoors and the outside curriculum is seen as a very important part of our Early Years education. Secure outside play and learning facilities are provided, including the opportunity to ride bikes and scooters to develop children’s gross motor skills.
We see parents as a child’s first and most enduring educators. The support and encouragement you give are important throughout your child’s life. Our Early Years Foundation team work closely with parents/carers and greatly welcome your involvement on your child’s journey, here at Dudley House School.
Weekly Class Letters
Summer Term 2
What have we doing this week?
We have been reading ‘Not a box’ and then decided to create a helicopter using some boxes.
What have we been doing this term?
We have had good fun learning outside.
We have begun our learning about Parks and Gardens. Here are a few pictures of the exciting things we have been doing.
Summer Term 1
What have we been doing this week?
We have walked through the park looking to see signs of Spring. We saw plenty of flowers and blossom, but no ducklings. We also visited the play park.
What we have we been doing this term?
We have worked together well as a team.
It has been our class assembly. We showcased some of our learning. Thank
you to all of the parents who came and supported us.
We have visited Sacrewell Farm. We saw lambs, goats, piglets and even a peacock!
We spent a long time watching the lambs playing.
The chickens came to say hello
We had good fun in the play park.
We have planted pea seeds. We have investigated different weights.
Shared a book