What people say
‘We learn new and exciting things.’
‘You get the attention you need.’
‘I like all the sports opportunities we get.’
‘All the teachers look after you like a big family.’
‘The school is great for music and singing.’
‘Very grateful for the school’s existence. It is wonderful.’
‘Teaching is encouraging and challenging, but also sensitive resulting in bright, happy, caring and confident pupils.’
‘I am forever grateful that I found Dudley House for my children and I know neither would be who they are without you.’
‘The atmosphere and environment of the school promotes safety and reassurances to child and parents. This is priceless!’
‘You simply cannot beat that feeling that you belong to the Dudley House family, where the doors are always open.’
‘Dudley House School is a wonderful school. The opportunities available to students are second to none.’
‘From the start to the finish you have given such care and kindness to her and we will forever be grateful for a most fantastic start to her education.’
‘My daughter hated school, had constant stomach aches and would be handed over to her teacher most mornings in tears, leaving me guilt ridden and anguished. Since moving to Dudley House, she skips into class each morning, has no stomach issues and I can relax knowing she is content and settled. Her academic achievements since transferring to Dudley House have astounded me, and through the school ethos and pastoral care she has become a confident young lady ready for the challenges ahead of her as she moves to secondary school.’
We were delighted that in our latest Ofsted inspection in January 2019 once again recognised what a wonderful school we have and the excellent personalised education we provide for each child. The following is a summary of some their findings:
- Pupils thrive because they are well cared for and love to learn.
- Leaders ensure the curriculum is broad and well-designed so that it deepens pupils’ understanding and knowledge in a wide range of areas.
- Pupils make good and sometimes very good progress across a wide range of subjects.
- Pupils enjoy lessons and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- Pupils’ behaviour is outstanding. They are consistently polite, well mannered, responsible and respectful.
- Pupils show great kindness and respect towards others.
- Differences are celebrated and everybody is made to feel welcome in the school.
- Parents appreciate the work of the school. They say that children are safe and cared for very well.
- Reading is a strength of the school. Progress in reading is consistently strong across the school.
- The school is a calm and safe place to learn and develop.
- Pupils thrive, achieve well and are well prepared for their next phase of education.
These are just a number of the positive findings that have come out of the recent report, which has rated the school as a good once again.
Dudley House School Ofsted Report 2019 (link to Ofsted report)
Dudley House School Ofsted Report 2016 (link to Ofsted report)