What people say
‘We learn new and exciting things.’
‘You get the attention you need.’
‘I like all the sports opportunities we get.’
‘All the teachers look after you like a big family.’
‘The school is great for music and singing.’
‘Very grateful for the school’s existence. It is wonderful.’
‘Teaching is encouraging and challenging, but also sensitive resulting in bright, happy, caring and confident pupils.’
‘I am forever grateful that I found Dudley House for my children and I know neither would be who they are without you.’
‘The atmosphere and environment of the school promotes safety and reassurances to child and parents. This is priceless!’
‘You simply cannot beat that feeling that you belong to the Dudley House family, where the doors are always open.’
‘Dudley House School is a wonderful school. The opportunities available to students are second to none.’
‘From the start to the finish you have given such care and kindness to her and we will forever be grateful for a most fantastic start to her education.’
‘My daughter hated school, had constant stomach aches and would be handed over to her teacher most mornings in tears, leaving me guilt ridden and anguished. Since moving to Dudley House, she skips into class each morning, has no stomach issues and I can relax knowing she is content and settled. Her academic achievements since transferring to Dudley House have astounded me, and through the school ethos and pastoral care she has become a confident young lady ready for the challenges ahead of her as she moves to secondary school.’
We were delighted that in our latest Ofsted inspection in February 2016 Ofsted once again recognised what a wonderful school we have and the excellent personalised education we provide for each child. The following is a summary of some their findings:
- Governors and Leaders have created a nurturing culture that focuses on fully developing the pupils’ academic, social and emotional needs.
- Reading is a strength of the school.
- Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary.
- The school’s provision for children in early years is outstanding.
- The caring staff support the needs of all pupils.
- Pupils with special educational needs or disability make good progress across all year groups.
- Pupils from across all year groups make good progress in English. The proportion of pupils who make more than the progress expected of them in English is very high.
- From their different starting points, the proportion of pupils making the progress expected of them in mathematics is high.
These are just a number of the positive findings that have come out of the recent report, which has placed the school at the upper end of good.
Dudley House School Ofsted Report (link to Ofsted report)